So, it has been 36 hours and 50 minutes since I said good night to Cutie and, well, have heard nothing from him. I sent him the obligatory "Got home safely. Thanks again" text when I arrived at home Friday night but since then, no communication. Yes, I know, I'm being ridiculous! But please remember, I'm rusty at this...I used to go out for drinks with the same man I came home with and didn't worry about whether or not he'd call. Now, obviously I had plenty of other things to worry about with him...like who else he was calling...but that is not the point today.
There needs to be a manual for women over 35 who have decided to wade into the dating waters again. Maybe decide isn't the right word as I'm not sure too many women would actually choose to go through this nonsense but, for future company and possible booty call purposes, this is a decision made of necessity. But really, there should be guidelines to follow so you know when to start wondering:
24 hours with no contact - no worries...acceptable period with no interaction
48 hours - well, maybe he had a super busy weekend and forgot to charge his phone
4 days - you were not nearly as impressive as you thought...or he was abducted by aliens.
Anyhow, you get the point...but nothing like this exists!
And, to make matters worse, my subconscious is being mean to me as two nights in a row now, I've had a dream about Alex. It is like my brain isn't quite ready to let me forget about him. Fortunately, I don't really put a lot of stock into what dreams mean...outside of I obviously need to have a glass of wine before bed now. But, it has been enough to make me wake up each day and worry that this is how I will continue to feel for a while!
Well, I'm a completely annoying glass is always more than half full kinda gal, so I'm going to turn up the radio, go for a walk with a girlfriend this morning, and remind myself that while I can't believe he wouldn't have been totally enthralled by me, the important thing is I went out, I had fun and I proved I can do it. Okay, now kicking my iPod into full gear.
No comments:
Post a Comment