Monday, August 16, 2010

Monday morning recap

While I'm sure you were all able to make it through the weekend without knowing about my every move but I did find myself wondering several times what I was going to write about today. Was I going to enthrall you with my stories of back to school shopping with my two children?  Or the crazy fun antics that make up a night of charades (and cocktails) at the family end of summer barbecue?  Were you going to be as ready for a glass of wine as I was after having 5 children under 12 in the house for the night?  And, then I realized, it was all of that...those are the things that make up me...what makes me smile, what makes me happy, what gets me going every day.

I did have time to refelect on a few things while driving this weekend...two kids tend to sleep on car rides so I was left to entertain myself.  First, I have a tendency to put waaaayy too much thought into why someone does or doesn't do something. Cutie probably hasn't checked in because he is young, and really just isn't interested...regardless of how much fun I thought he had.  Alex won't respond to my text because he just can't deal with it any other way...and really, I know him better than anyone in the world, and know he absolutely can not be alone so this is his life...for now.  I haven't been inundated with texts or emails or FB messages from other potential dating material because I haven't put myself out there. 

As much as I know I am attractive, I do still feel I have weight to lose so am self conscious to the point of being less than willing to put myself on the market.  I like that I don't have to ask someone if it is okay that each child had friends over for the night...which meant a pretty full and loud house.  And, while I miss someone to share a glass of wine with over the ruckus, I know I will be very selective about who does get that role. As my 8 year old daughter pointed out to me this weekend..."Momma, you are very picky when it comes to men"...yeah, I guess I am...tall, former athlete looking, likes country music, drives a truck, thinks I'm fabulous...c'mon, that's not too tough.

So...here I am ready to start another week and after realizing this is who and where I am...life is actually pretty good.

2 comments:

  1. You're not picky just selective as you should be. I love my husband very much most days, but realize that I don't think I would do the marriage thing again, if anything happened to him. Each day at lunch it is a group of us (5 usally, 4 are married and one is divorced). She says most days after listening to us whine and complain about our husbands that this is the best therapy for her to stay single. Just saying....

    I think you have plenty of time to enjoy before you have to worry about growing old alone so I think you should just sit back, drink your wine (in moderation), let the kids have sleep overs without having to get anyone else's opinion, flirt with Cutie or whoever else comes along and enjoy the ride and scenery, and BLOGGING, of course.

    I know you get tired of hearing this from me, but you look fabulous just like you are. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your comments!!! I love checking in and knowing you have read and enjoyed. Thank you so very much!! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete