I was reminded again this morning why I like work from home Thursdays...I can wear shorts, sweats, heck pajamas if I really want to and no one cares. Well, my kids might care if I actually picked them up from school in my pj's and fluffy robe but otherwise it is a day free of wardrobe stress.
Today, unfortunately, was not a Thursday so after my shower (with warm water today) I put on the dress I had laid out the night before (yes, I have always picked out the clothes at night...to ward off the morning rush and what do I wear drama). Well, today the dress fit all wrong...I think the miles of riding my bike to nowhere are finally paying off a little but in the wrong places. While my chest has never been known to stop traffic, today there were two big poofy spots where there used to at least be a little action. But, of course, my booty still had no trouble filling up its spot in the office version of the "little black dress" so to avoid feeling like I needed a "Caution - wide load" sign all day, I went for a pretty shapeless blue sundress. However, one look in the mirror and I was reminded of a housecoat worn by women in the movies with one cigarette hanging out of their mouth and old floppy slippers. Fine...back to the closet I go.
Now, you have all read that I have more clothes than one closet can hold so you would think dressing would not be such an issue. But, there are obstacles to overcome...first, I can't break into the Fall section of the closet yet as it is still Summer; 2nd, I am no where near fitting into the vast majority of my cute capris and tank tops as the butt isn't going into one and my arms flapping around in the other just isn't pretty; and three I work in an office with 5 people so going for the full business suit is beyond inappropriate.
The more important question here is probably Why do I care?! I just mentioned I work in a small office...with people I really like but don't actually need to impress with my cuteness factor...so why the dilemma. There are probably many reasons why...all of which would keep a therapist busy for months but the reason I'm going with today is I need to feel attractive...As much as I don't like to admit I have that need...I do. I need to know, that while I have a brain that may not be NASA worthy, it is pretty darn quick, and that my looks aren't bad either. Yes, I know my family and friends will all answer with the obligatory "of course, you're attractive"...right now, today, I needed the mirror to agree. Well, really, I want some rich attractive guy to agree but he wasn't living in my mirror.
Outfit #3, blue dress that actually accentuated the booty and highlighted the eyes and blond hair was the winner...and, gave me the swagger I needed today...and can get me through to Thursday when I am happy to be in sweats!
Ok, here's the obligatory, "you are cute" but I actually mean it! You would look good in a sack! As far as that dress with the puffy areas on top, I hear those little chicken cutlets work well. You keep that swagger girl and be proud of the booty!!!!!
ReplyDeleteTT
You make me smile...thank you!!! And, am now heading to Safeway for a bag of chicken cutlets!
ReplyDelete