...and no, not even a new one. I am a big fan of Facebook...we have established that. I love to post pictures, I chat with family and friends...I even admit to scoping out former boyfriends and thinking to myself, "Wow, he used to have hair..." But there are times even this die-hard fan has to say "Are you serious???" and wonder if maybe we have too much of a front row view of the lives of our neighbors.
I live out in the country because I often joke I don't really want to know what the people next door are having for breakfast. However, with the ability of social networking, I not only know waaaayyy too often what people are eating (why is that news by the way?? Unless it is a review of a fabulous new restaurant, do any of us really need to know you had noodles for lunch?) but I now have friends pretty much providing real time play by play of their mating rituals. Now before you just say this is jealousy talking (see post on booty calls), I really am happy for them that they have recently found true love...or great sex, according to them, but is it really necessary for us to be unwilling participants?
Logging on last night to see who was being funny or what pictures were recent additions, I almost spit out my wine when the first thing I saw was the post of a friend saying to her boyfriend, who was probably on the couch next to her, "Meet you in the bedroom...and, by the way, going commando." Wow! Really? First, of all, I get the need to keep things new and spicy but when your parents, your children, heck, your childrens' friends are on your page, do you really think this is the best way to share your underwear preferences (or lack thereof)? I like to think I'm as sexually hip as the next gal, but to me, knowing my child just learned I wanted to get horizontal would be nothing but a turn off!
So, in addition to not announcing to the world via a status update that you are getting a divorce, you think your husband is stupid or that your new boob job just isn't as big as you thought it would be, can we please add 'come hither posts' to the list of don'ts? I promise it won't interfere with your sex life (hey, text him if you must) but it really will keep me from "throwing up in my mouth" (my 8 year old daughter's favorite phrase). Thanks!
No comments:
Post a Comment