...your regularly scheduled program has been interrupted to make this announcement. Wow, the 8th dwarf is actually moving in with Alex. Okay, maybe it really isn't a disruption...nor really even an announcement. Hello, McFly?! This isn't really shocking...And, really it shouldn't actually affect me as I am the one who woke up from an obvious frontal lobotomy and moved out. Phew...But, I will admit to the quick sucker punch feeling when I found out.
And,I once again, commend the people who believe announcing their life on Facebook is the way to go. Yes, I know, this was actually posted for me to see but still...once you are over the age of 15 shouldn't life changing announcements have a little more tact involved? But, then again, I'm also talking about a woman who wants nothing more than for me to know she "won". I feel silly even writing this but we have mutual friends on Facebook so it was inevitable I would eventually be told about her posting her big news. I can't even take solace in the fact that mere hours after she posted this, he was calling me because really, that is not healthy for me at all. Especially since not once during that conversation or the one we had later in the day did he mention this little change in residential status.
But, really, it does make me think about the way life works. While I had about 30 minutes of surprise, shock and sadness (but really not one tear) over this newsflash tonight, I actually was able to really think about the sense of peace, calm, friendship, understanding and love I have felt over the past 13 months...and really, would I want to go back to the life we had together? And, truthfully, the answer is no. I am still in love with the man I fell in love with, but really, he doesn't exist anymore. I don't want the stress, the worry, the anguish that came with loving a man who obviously has a strong case of Attention Deficit Disorder. And, since this blog is all about humor and honesty, I guess I have to admit I was more upset that she feels she defeated the memory of me...and what we were together.
But, let's examine her door prize, shall we? I am not a fan of garage sales as I am convinced there is really nothing that someone else has thrown away that I want or need...and, while it sounds a tad crass, isn't that a very general characterization of what she now has. I'm not going to bash him as that isn't my style, and truly, can't do that, but I will say she and I fell in love with two different men. And, the one she has now, is not one I would ever take back.
Maybe this is the sign I needed to take more first steps like last night. While I haven't heard from the new friend, and may never, I am optimistic that if and when I'm ready to meet someone, I will. And, until then, I am good at being the fun, cute Mom, friend, sister, daughter, overall rock star that I have become....
My favorite line to remember during times like these is from that gorgeous Uncle Kracker..
ReplyDeleteSome things are lost, some left behind, some things are better left for someone else to find...
Maybe this is what you needed to help you move on. If he is not the same man you fell in love with now then he certainly wouldn't be that same man 20+ years into marriage. I know it's hard but try to look at it as a gift to you to help you go on and maybe meet someone who really deserves the ROCKSTAR woman that you are. :)
ReplyDeleteSeeing this two comments this morning made all the difference in the world. Thank you both. I really do know I'm better off and now I can start living that way.
ReplyDelete