Thursday, April 14, 2011

New complaint to lodge

I swear I am a very positive person but I also figure I have this blog to share my frustrations, my concerns, hey, anything that can make you laugh with me, at me, I don’t care…just laugh. And, if you’ve been reading my ramblings for any amount of time you know that my complaints aren’t usually about threats to the ozone layer or the price of gas (although that truly is insane!) but about things which really affect our day to day lives…like my mini rant today.

I’m a big fan of NBC’s The Biggest Loser…we’ve established that in the past…and established that, unlike most of its viewers, I am not inspired by the incredible weight loss experienced by the contestants. I think what they have done and, are doing, is amazing and I applaud them for their efforts. However, while I am not proud of this side of me, I also get a little miffed. I’m pretty sure I could lose the 15 pounds I need to lose if I had a personal chef, worked out all day and didn’t have to juggle my bike rides to nowhere with homework help, car pool, basketball practices, laundry, and oh yeah, work.

And, really, it isn’t even that about the show that is truly bugging my size 10 (or 12) booty today. It is the ridiculous claim that by popping in a piece of sugar free gum that supposedly tastes like mint chocolate chip ice cream, you will be able to avoid the craving that has you inhaling a bag of Jolly Rancher Tropical flavored jelly beans. I don’t even like ice cream and I can promise you no inch sized piece of flavored chemicals is going to make me think I’ve eaten a hot fudge sundae and feel satisfied. That is like telling me dreaming about an evening with Steve McGarrey from Hawaii Five-O is going to make me feel like my last booty call was actually in this decade. Yeah, not so much!

But, because I would actually like to attract someone who thinks I’m hot, and because I refuse to buy an entire wardrobe of “big girl” clothes, I am chewing away on a piece of sugar free Red Hot Trident waiting for the sigh of satisfaction…yeah, still waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment