I like to think my vice list is pretty short (and relatively tame) but am still ashamed to admit how happy I get at the thought of sitting down for my dinner (without kids) with a glass of good Cabernet and the boys from Hawaii Five-0...It is one of my easy guilty pleasures. However, tonight, I was to be disappointed as there was not a new one on last night so nothing recorded. So, after finishing my dinner, I was left with idle hands and time. Let's just ignore the fact there is always laundry I could do, floors I could clean, closets to organize...I do plenty of that. Instead, I threw caution to the wind and revisited the never to be visited again world of online dating.
Don't ask me why today was the day...I'd actually been having great text conversations with Mr. Oklahoma, but I think even those made me realize he is 3000 MILES AWAY!!! And, while it was a misprint in the local paper that had me at 45 instead of not even 42 years old, it was enough to remind me I'm not getting any younger. Anyhow, whatever confluences of circumstances had me hitting the Plenty of Fish website were in play and within 20 minutes I had a profile.
And, within 22 minutes I was quickly reminded of why this is not for me. Fortunately, this is a free site so no money was spent on the reminder. While the ego boost of having 4 messages instantly pop up with tag lines like "Wow, you're hot" and "You're cute I want to say hi" gives me a quick adrenalin high, reading the messages further pops that balloon faster than a room full of 4 year olds. Let's just take a peek, shall we at what these men are looking for:
"I'm a down to earth man who appreciates someone who laughs freely.What captures my attention most is a nice smile, well-groomed woman. I am an ambitious, self motivated, educated, well balanced "
"Let me swwep you off your feet"
"Looking for someone who wants to be a peace of my life"
I did not edit for spelling or grammar so as you can tell, wow!! Is this really what is out there? And, just to add insult to injury, pretty sure only a handful were over 6 feet!!
I'm obviously not going to meet the love of my life this way, but for now, we'll just use it for fun fodder for this blog. And, for those interested, yes, Mr. Oklahoma is still just as adorable (at least via 160 characters per text) as I remember as an 18 year old girl.
At least the online dating is a good laugh for you. I'm so glad that you are a "peace" of my life.
ReplyDeletePlease keep us updated on Mr. Oklahoma - even though you are 3000 miles away you still can have fun along the way. The east coast misses you.
Love you bunches!