Since I consider any of you who take the time to read my ramblings about my insane life, my friends, you might as well take part in our Operation Mathews (that isn’t the official name but I am protecting the poor unsuspecting innocent here). You can chime in with thoughts, suggestions or now that you know geographic location is not on my ever growing list, you can come up with a name or two yourself. I mean, why not?!
First, this whole being set up thing is a lot harder as we grow. What ever happened to your friend telling the guy Du Jour that you thought he was cute? Then during the next bell break, you two are going together. Granted, now as a mom, when my 6th grade son says Billy & Suzie are together I ask the same annoying question my mom asked me “together how?” Fortunately, I am, of course, much cooler than my mom was so we laugh and move on. (Hey, it’s my story so I’m again telling it how I want!)
Also, the current subject of our plot doesn’t want to make life easy by having a Facebook page. Then I could just drop cute witty little comments accompanied by my smiling face and alas he’d be smitten. Since he doesn’t have the page I can pretty much just assume that is how it would happen! I think there is a county wide petition being signed to get him to join but as of yet I haven’t gotten the very important friend request.
Of course, we have enlisted assistants in our plot through the incredible heart of my BFF’s husband. I’m sure part of his participation is based solely on his desire to see me happy but, I also suspect he could be motivated by the thought if I meet someone there, his wife will have less reason to want to fly 3000 miles to see me! Hey, I don’t care the reason, I’m just happy we have a little testosterone on our side. Although, that also does come with the need to be patient. Not exactly my strong suit…big shocker!
I guess he isn’t quite comfortable with the whole “So, I’ve got this girl (okay very mature girl) who I want to set you up with. Let’s see, she’s attractive (I don’t think I can claim hot), funny, smart, loves sports….and, oh yeah, she lives in California” conversation. Maybe we could help him with this one.
And, before you start to worry that I’ve become obsessed with this plan/plot…yes, I have! But, it is keeping me from venturing into the never to be visited again on-line world of dating and, more importantly, keeping me from texting Alex. Yes, after almost 2 years I still have to stop myself. I just keep hoping that the man who fits all the qualities on my list will make it so I can finally close that chapter once and for all.
So, for any of my Virginia reading friends, yes…feel free to chime in. For all of my CA friends, don’t worry, I’m not moving any time soon…just plan on racking up some frequent flier miles.
No comments:
Post a Comment