So, while I have made half hearted attempts the last few months to get back into my old routine and kick my exercise habits into overdrive, the time for denial is now over! At the risk of sounding like one of the contestants on the Biggest Loser, “America, next time you see me I’ll be strutting my stuff in my size 8’s!”.
Why the new found enthusiasm you might ask? Well, it is a combination of occasions which has made me realize the back this baby has needs to lose the wide load label. First, I made the way overdue decision to clean out my closet last week and as I looked at size 6 after size 6 after…pairs of pants that I haven’t worn in at least 2 years I realized this was no longer just a phase in my life but a new era. And, one I wasn’t overly excited about. Push number 1…
Then, as I went to the doctor a few days later for my annual mammogram the nurse actually had to move fat out of the way. Now, don’t tell me I imagined it because I didn’t! She actually had to reposition me and push skin in the other direction. Seriously!! I had reached new lows…Push number 2….
Finally, as I have very slowly reached the realization that Alex is never coming to his senses and, maybe, just maybe one day I may actually want to meet Tim McGraw’s single brother who knocks on my door one day, I need to feel good about myself. While a dear friend told me that the guy doesn’t notice the extra 10 (okay, 20!) pounds, I do. And, because I do, I’m just not as “out there” as I’ve been in my life.
So, world, here we go. I may not have Bob & Jillian in my house screaming at me to get my booty in gear but I do have motivation so watch out!
No comments:
Post a Comment