We all probably remember that song from the late 80's or early 90's...hey, I just know it was right around the time Paula Abdul gave up her Laker girl kicks for some hip hop tunes...but anyhow, it was all about the things in the world that are just a tad questionable. Well, this post is about those things, plus the things that make you go woohoo, and while I don't swear, the things that make you go WTF as well...and that can be what the french fries. Although, really, that would be WTFF but you get the idea.
We'll start with those french fries...as y'all know, I'm a big hater of relationship drama...which is one of the reasons I'm not in one now (along with the facts no guy could meet my list of 100+ necessary traits and that my booty still has more junk in the trunk than Janet Jackson EVER had but again, whatever!). So, why, I ask you, do I have to deal with the drama my former husband and his whacked out (sorry, yes, she's cuckoo for cocoa puffs) continually create in their lives. Oh yeah, that's right, we share two children whom I love more than life so here I am. I guess I shouldn't really complain as I was sad As the World Turns went off the air. Although with Holden and Lily I could fast forward through the nonsense. Here, not so much...
As we've discussed, Mr. Wonderful and trophy gf have consistency/longevity issues and I guess they were rearing their ugly heads again...and for whatever reason, the GF decided I needed to be a part of them. I was sitting alone enjoying a very nice glass of wine when my phone made that tell tale "you have a text" tone. I still jump a little at the tone, wondering/hoping if it is the man of my dreams trying to make contact. Of course it should go on record that Josh Lucas doesn't have my phone number...but again, details. Since it wasn't him or anyone else in the hot category, I was still a tad surprised when it was crazy chick apologizing for missing the big kick off event at my house on Sunday. Of course, the apology came with a huge dig at my former husband for not telling her about it...which completely explains why he showed up 15 minutes before it ended. While an observer may think she was just being nice, I can promise you after 3 months of not speaking to me and being labeled a drama queen by my mother in law, this had nothing to do with manners. Really?? If I'm going to deal with relationship drama, shouldn't I at least get dinner out of the deal???
Again, this was a reminder that while I really do miss having "that person" in my life, at least I don't have to deal with this kind of nonsense. And, it also provided a perfect opportunity for me to realize I don't even remember the last time I texted Alex. That is definitely progress. I, of course, still occasionally float by the 8th dwarf's page on FB but that too has ended since she closed her profile again. Which means, nothing incredible is happening in the fairy tale land she created...can't say I'm surprised. So now, no texting him, no FB stalking her...hmm...wow...I may be getting over him. That is something to woohoo about!
And the best woohoo of the week...Fall shows are back! I can sing to Glee, work out to the Biggest Loser and drool over LL Cool J in NCIS LA...yes, life is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment