I listen to the news in the morning. I can’t help it. Not only do I like to know what is going on in the world before I walk in the door at my office and everyone is buzzing around with “Did you know?” “What do you think about?” Working in an industry that is affected by politics justifies my obsession with MSNBC, CNN and Fox news a tad. I also know it reminds me of living in DC…where I think cars didn’t even come with alternative stations. It is like my version of “Doc Hollywood” when he would call the weather channel to hear just a taste of the accent he had grown to love. Just in a much more depressing cynical kind of way. Now, on the way home I listen to my country favorites and dream about Jake from Sweet Home Alabama wanting to sweep me off my feet in his extended cab Ford F250 but my mornings are reserved for reality. Which leads me to my new thoughts for 2012…maybe I need to branch out a little.
As I was scanning the online news this morning (yes, I really need to read more fiction) I saw a blip on Yahoo about your horoscope for the upcoming year so, while I have never been a believer in letting a life forecast determined by burning balls of fire thousands of miles away determine steps I take I couldn’t help clicking on the link and getting caught up by the predictions for an abundance of romance in the months dominated by the moon of something or other. Which I guess could be a problem…if I don’t know what month they are referring to, how will I know when to start looking for this love? And, if 2012 is going to be the year of romance and flowers for me, do you think my horoscope last year was just an emoticon of the god of love blowing me a raspberry? Really, 2011 wasn’t bad…lots of good fun just no prince…
But, maybe (as we’ve discovered more than once) I am expecting to be hit over the head with the love stick when instead, it is going to be more of a gradual affection that I keep putting out of my mind…like Tony Soprano. He continues to be so incredibly nice with check in texts (not too many…just enough to make me smile), will call every few days for his “fix” (he likes my accent) and makes me laugh whenever we talk. We haven’t had another date yet but I don’t think that is out of the question. I still think he is probably too nice but maybe he is just part of the abundance of romance that the stars say I have in store for me.
We all feel a sense of renewed excitement at the start of a year and I am hoping that maybe if I switch to music just one morning a week that I can add a little more hope and a little less reality to my year as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment