Monday, July 18, 2011

You've Got Mail ...2011 style

As we all know, I decided long ago to expand my dating horizons to other time zones (yes, I realize that means not waiting for the multimillionaire UPS guy to knock on my door but hey, baby steps please!).  I have even gone so far as to concoct fun little fantasy stories with my best friend about the nice VA guy I'm going to meet and have the most amazing long distance romance with.  Like I said, it is my fantasy, just let me have it, please.

And, to add to the plus column of this new plan, over the past few months I have actually encountered a couple instances where this multi-time zone difference love affair is actually flourishing.  And, with the perks associated with an email/text/Skype dating schedule, this could truly be the ticket!  Think about it: don't feel like changing out of your sweats? Don't!  Just put on a cute top because only the top 1/2 of your body is in the picture anyhow.  Really don't want to go out once you get home from work?  Again, bonus...your date occurs over a glass of your favorite wine as he is miles away at his computer.  Trying to juggle basketball schedules, church plays, work and the dishes?  Text or email him at halftime.  He'll be thrilled you were thinking of him in the middle of your crazy day.  Now when you go to a party alone, you aren't the poor single girl, you are the one with the oh so romantic far away boyfriend.  See?  This whole long distance thing has my name written all over it.   The benefits of having "that person" without the trouble of actually dating him.

Before you can admonish me for the lack of intimate contact, let's remember who you are talking to here, the last time I kissed someone obviously scared or scarred him for life so maybe the celibate lifestyle should be explored for a while.  And, again, the long distance aspect means I would have months in between visits to work out and try to be bedroom worthy again.  Also, he'd be so happy to be finally "getting some", he wouldn't care if I were soft in places I'm not supposed to be.   With my witty personality, I'd be really hot via email!

So, I've decided Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan really did have something going with the whole email romance...now, just to find a smart cowboy with a laptop in his oversized truck.  Hmm....

1 comment:

  1. He is driving a big old truck right now.... Just saying.

    ReplyDelete