A few amazing things came out of that summer escape 2 years ago...a new found sense of independence, less of a dependence on Tagamet, really cool bedroom furniture and a great annual tradition. Some friends from a radio station gave me two tickets to see Kenny Chesney at PacBell Park. The timing could not have been better. The mad rush of throwing everything I owned in plastic garbage bags had worn off and I had just been left with a sense of loss as to where I was going. So, I called my sister and off we went for a great night of homegrown, soul healing country music. We decided that night we needed to do that more often. Last year was Brad Paisley & Darius Rucker and this year, to celebrate her impending 40th, off we went to Tim McGraw's Emotional Traffic tour. Considering the concert fell on the anniversary of the move, I couldn't think of a better way to mark the occasion.
Of course, knowing Tim McGraw has ALWAYS been at the top of my "list" (you know the list of celebrities you are allowed to be with if you ever had the opportunity) helps understand the excitement I had leading up to the night. Yes, I know this was about my sister and her 4th decade celebration, but hello??? this is Tim McGraw we're talking about. So, while I did have to battle a severe bout of depression after trying on jeans for the occasion, I was ready to go in boots, Levis and a really cute white top...dressed to impress (okay, not impress but at least garner a passing glance).
And, while the show was absolutely phenomenal and my sister and I had another great evening full of singing, dancing and fabulous memories, the evening also had a nice little side effect. I was admired...no, really, I was. From the adorable but tipsy 6'4" young cowboy asking if I wanted an escort into the park to the VIP tent attendant saying his night was brightened by our smiles to, finally, the random stranger stopping me to tell me I looked good in white, the unintended outcome was a much needed ego boost. No, the sexy, mature, multimillion dollar man of my dreams didn't ask for my number nor did I leave there with no qualms about the future but I did fall asleep last night thinking at least there is hope.
Emotional traffic seemed like the perfect title for my life right now. My highways are constantly filled with cars of happiness being caught up in jams of concern, sadness, nostalgia and worry about the future. And, as I feel with traffic jams themselves, if I just give it a little time, take an extra breath and turn up the music on the radio, it will all clear soon enough and I'll be moving again.
Love it! Love you! Glad y'all had a good time and the concert and you did look adorable.
ReplyDeletexoxoxo