As you may have realized, I am sometimes a little behind the times and not up to date on all pop culture...note, just started blogging this year, referenced Miley Cyrus & Justin Bieber in a post, and finally, just this week, watched It's Complicated with Meryl Streep, Steve Martin & Alec Baldwin. I found the movie to be incredibly funny and had several actual laugh out loud moments. Although I did think more than once there was absolutely no way my former husband and I would ever have an affair...really, just yuck! But, then again, I wasn't all that into the Steve Martin character either...hence reason #98 while I will be home making cookies and cleaning house on a Friday night. :-)
Really, the scene I loved the most was the entire "Poked Smot" activity...as someone who has never smoked marijuana, eaten pot brownies or even really gotten a contact high I found this scene to be incredibly comical...and something I have decided I want to try...at some point in my life. I'm not trying to give the impression I was some total goody two shoes my whole life but this just wasn't an area that interested me. Without pulling the whole Bill Clinton "I never inhaled", I really just never have. I was too scared in high school to even think of trying this, and the few times in college I was around it, could never quite figure out how to use the whole bong device. To me, if you aren't smarter than the apparatus, then that is probably a sign you shouldn't use it.
But, as I watched this scene, and was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes, I thought to myself, I must be missing out on something. Obviously there is a reason people enjoy it so much...and, if this is the case, don't I owe it to myself to put it on some sort of bucket list? So, I have decided that in 10+ years, regardless of my life situation, I will find a trusted friend (or hot male companion, if that is the case) and we are going to put on some great music, set up a table of much needed munchies (hey, I've seen the movies) and light up, or toke, or whatever it is one does to get that feeling. I guess the only obstacle I will have to overcome at that point, is where to find my stash...
Welcome to the club. I have never tried it either even though I have had several opportunities to. I'm a little scared of it and not sure why. You are a great girl but goody two shoes...Not! I seem to remember 2 giggling 14? year olds in the back seat of my car begging for some wine coolers back in the day! And I think a certain old boyfriend of mine may have taken you two out while I was at work and got you'll a little tipsy then brought you back to me to deal with!! The good old days. I know two Moms who would have been terribly upset had they known! Keep us posted on your progress. Can't imagine it would be too hard to find a stash in CA!
ReplyDeleteI think about those memories and that car quite often! The peach schnaps post was all for you too. We laughed about that when I was there last time...good thing you loved us as we were probably pains. :-)
ReplyDeleteY'all are too funny! Love you both! xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteIf that red car could talk we'd all be in trouble. :-) but oh the fun we had.
ReplyDelete