How bad can a group be if it includes Cameron Diaz, Demi Moore and Susan Sarandon? And, the animal, cougar, is sleek, strong, almost regal...Okay, who am I kidding? I'm just trying to justify having a very fun flirtation with an adorable someone who can not call himself a child of the 80's. But, don't worry, he passed the legal drinking age a long time ago so not exactly complete cradle robbing. And, considering we're just talking about a handful of texts and cute conversations, I'm not even sure I can even be labeled a kitten, let alone a full grown cougar.
I met this cutie patotootie (okay, new name as this just makes him sound young), umm, let's go with just Cutie, whatever...a few months ago as I was putting on an event at a location he runs. At first, he was just my staff contact and a name on the other end of an endless string of emails full of regulations and things I needed to do. When I arrived on site, I was immediately told Mr. Manager was looking for me...really? I just got here, how could I have screwed anything up...but off I went to find this tough guy who was giving my staff a hard time. I knew who he was immediately...I can just sense these things...or the name tag he was wearing could have been a little clue.
Anyhow, if I have a type...and by if, I mean I do, he has broad shoulders, on the tall side (but we knew that already), not skinny and with a little facial hair...wow, I really am picky. Again, well this guy fit the bill...except 10 years ago (for me...before I reached mandatory mammogram age). But, I turned on the charm anyhow...Hello??? He was the staff I needed to charm, I mean convince, into my way of thinking regarding my event. So, for 2 days he was my go to guy, and I definitely didn't mind. And, as a chick, you know when a guy is interested...the smiles are sweet, he was definitely around more than the job necessitated and well, I was touched.
As the only single lady on my staff, the others were living vicariously through me (why I don't know...did they forget I talked to my dog at night?) and they thought he was definitely on the "do check out" list. However, I'd at least find out his age to make sure I wasn't breaking the law or anything first! Okay, 9 years difference...hmm...but he didn't even bat an eye. Well, we'll see...
We sent a few texts and emails over the next few weeks but could never coordinate our calendars...hey, the life of a mom who spends 95% of her time at sporting events, is very busy! And, so the flirtation fizzled...until recently. I had promised him tickets to another event I was putting on and, hey, I'm all about keeping my end of the bargain. So, after a day of really cute, fun and very flirty texts, I'm back on the cougar bandwagon.
Again, who knows if anything will come of this most recent flirtation. And, I have to admit, I really can't imagine anything more than dinner or drinks (maybe even a kiss). But, considering my body is much closer to receiving AARP discounts than any of the chicks he has ever gone out with, I am pretty sure this cougar is keeping her fur on at all times...
How come women get this bad wrap as a "cougar" if they date a younger man but men are admired if they date a younger woman? I have never been able to figure that out! My brother-in-law married a woman 11 years younger than him about 5 years ago. 2 kids in and they seem to be doing well. I sort of forget the age difference when I am around them and it's no big deal. To each his/her own and I say if you want to go out with the cutie patootie then go out with him. If you choose to drop your fur then it is nobody's business but yours!! Have fun!
ReplyDeleteI'm laughing out loud right now and full of smiles. Thank you! The fur will stay in place as long as I, too, have the bundt cake, the junk in the trunk...the baggage of a 747...but we'll see after that. ;-)
ReplyDeleteAww cougar, smoogar! When I was 21 I dated a guy from LA that was 40! He thought I was mid-20s and I thought he was mid-30s. The 19 year age difference became an issue when things got more serious and he said he wanted to have my babies. Not exactly the BEST thing to tell a 21 year old gal mid-romatic time, if you know what I mean. That put a stop on everything. I could not imagine getting married at 21 to a guy that lived 5 hours away, and who if and when my parents met, he would turn up at the bottom of the ocean in concrete boots for being a craddle robber and/or for trying to relocate me to LA. If it were only a 9 year difference, things would have ended up differently or at least have been given a fair shot. Who knows where I'd be now, but honestly, I love where I am at and who I am with so I figure things happen for a reason. Take things day-by-day and see where they go! You never know.
ReplyDelete