Monday, August 2, 2010

The Randomness of my life...

So as I was thinking about what global issue I was going to address tonight...world peace, the oil rig spill, who's going to win the World Series...okay, who am I kidding?  I write about fluff...the silly things which encounter a 40+ vertically challenged, little poofy (yes that is a cute way of saying 15 pounds overweight), single mom in CA...But today, it is even more random than that...here is just a spattering of what goes on in this scary brain of mine...really if I could sell tickets to visit my brain, money would never be an issue again.

Would someone please explain to me why after walking 2.5 miles of hills I just came home and inhaled 10 yogurt covered pretzels???  And then I wonder why my size 6's laugh at me when I go into the closet...Heck the 8's and some of the 10's join in the cackles quite often.  If I really think I'm making it back into competition sizes I should probably pay a little more attention to these things.  I have already decided wine counts as a fruit so there are only so many areas of wiggle room left.

Next, I guess Friday is the day for drinks with the cutie...which now means two problems.  One, where to meet?  Someplace fun yet not Chuck E. Cheese fun...Someplace casual but not Chili's.  I would like a beach front bar with outdoor seating and great tropical drinks.  Oh yeah, don't live at the beach so may have to settle for some place with outdoor dining and a heat lamp.  Second problem...what to wear?!?  He's only seen me in jeans so thinking cute sun dress but can't come off like I'm trying too hard.  And, does that scream "Yes, I'm 41 but look at me trying to act 31?"

Finally, my daughter asked me today how old I was when I had my first kiss...dang that "My first kiss" song!  I didn't want to lie but 13 seemed a little young...especially since we are always pushing 15 at least for her.  So, I told her the truth...and then she asked who and wanted the history for the next few years.  Fortunately, she got bored after #2 so I didn't have to do a whole lot of explaining but still...will she then turn on me in a few years when I am giving her the talk about going slow and protecting her heart?  Actually, I really think she was more interested in the fact that she had met boyfriend #1's mother and she had given her a Popsicle.  Really, what is more important than that?!

All this and it is only 9:00.  No wonder I'm exhausted.  Good thing I don't actually have real problems or I'd be a mess!

3 comments:

  1. I tend reward myself after excersizing too. I walk about 2 miles most evenings and find myself digging into the doritos, etc. afterwards and then I get so mad at myself for defeating the purpose! Hope you have fun Friday night. You will look great in whatever you decide to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will look adorable with whatever you wear. Try on about 10 outfits and whatever you feel most comfortable and confident in, wear that. You will win him over by your smile. Have Fun!!! Keep me posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now if only I were going out with you two...I could eat Doritos and wear sweats and you'd still think I was adorable. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete