I decided tonight that online dating sites have it all wrong! They should take a page out of Burger King's playbook. Yes, Burger King! No, I don't eat there, but that doesn't mean I can't acknowledge their success. They are all about "we make it your way" and, really, isn't that what online dating sites should do?
Now I haven't re-evaluated my decision to not go the click here for true love route but, I did think of a way I might be tempted to join in the frenzy. What if I could build the perfect partner...you know, like the Build a Bear stores my daughter loves so very much? Yes, I realize the sites tell you to broaden your horizons so you aren't limiting yourself out of your future love. But, if I know what type of guy would make me happy, shouldn't that be what I write down? I'm 41 years old...if I haven't figured out my likes and dislikes by now I think we're in trouble. I'm pretty specific on the type of soda I'll drink, so wouldn't one think I'd be even more fanatical about the characteristics of a man I'd like to spend more than 5 minutes with?
So, here are my qualifications...please be sure to send in any and all suitable applicants:
Between the ages of 36-46
5'11-6'4
Must have a waist size bigger than mine has ever been (okay, not counting my pregnancy)
Must love football, basketball, baseball...okay, ESPN must be in their favorite 5 channels
Must love the following movies (or at least have seen them and not hated them): The American President, Bull Durham, Jerry Maguire, The Blindside, Sweet Home Alabama...I know there are more, but that might just be getting a little extreme
Must have a truck...either for work or pleasure, I don't care
Must love the water...preferably lakes, places with boats that don't have sails
Must think I'm all that and ten bags of chips...but can not let me get away with nonsense because I know that...think the country song "Because she don't tell me to"
Will play catch with my son, then sit down to watch my daughter strut her stuff
Must love country music...but not the old twangy kind
Must have a good steady income...or own a sports franchise...that works too.
Must love dogs
There are, of course, a few options...like when buying a car, that I'd like to throw in as well: likes to grill, loves my food, understands the joy of a good glass of wine but can drink Jack & Coke without choking, knows I should never have to deal with a mechanic (that is a boy's job), and, I guess if I'm pulling out all the stops, should know how to buy a good piece of jewelry.
You notice, I didn't say anything about picking up their socks, or putting down the toilet seat...those things really don't bother me...but disgrace Saturday afternoon football and we might have words.
So, there you go...that is the type of online site that would work for me. Please feel free to let me know if and when you come across such a site. Thanks for your support.
No comments:
Post a Comment