Monday, August 1, 2011

Not the sugar daddy I had in mind

Be careful what you wish for!  We've all heard that saying and almost always rolled our eyes and thought "what in the world could be wrong with what I'm wishing"...well, darn it, it's true!  To be honest, I've never actually wished for a Sugar Daddy.  I've joked about it.  I've wondered what it would be like to have an older man think I should just be showered with bling.  But, wish is a stretch.  However, I think this past week, I almost received a proposition to have someone be just that...or at least very close to it.  And, people wonder why I started a blog!

2 years ago, during the foggy time in my life, I was also experiencing one of the best times of my life, as president of the festival I so greatly love.  Well, through that role I had a few different TV/radio spots I had to participate in.  Oh yeah, me and microphone...go figure!  One of these gigs (biz lingo, you know) was in San Francisco so a few of us rode up with a car/driver supplied by our media guy.  The driver was the owner of the company and private security consultant and very nice.  I thought he must have been a big fan of The American President because he complimented my feet as being "absolutely perfect".  While President Andrew Sheppard learned to compliment a woman's shoes,  I figured Mr. BodyGuard just got the concept a little wrong. Well, guess not!  But, I thought nothing of it and moved on.

Fast forward 2 years and I am again asked to do a spot for a regional talk show and Mr. Body Guard will be driving us to the city (I brought my daughter, not knowing how fortuitous this was at the time).  As we are getting into the car, I jokingly say "Good thing I just got a pedicure because I know how particular you are about feet"...and I laugh.  The man is 15 years older than me so I don't think this is dangerous territory at all.  Until he responds with...I like looking at your feet, as well as the rest of you too and then closes the car door for me.  Okay...it is going to be an interesting ride.

He immediately gets my daughter all set up with a movie on his iPhone with headphones and begins to ask if I'm still single. He understands that when Alex and I first broke up I wasn't ready for anything (hmmm??? this is relevant to our drive into SF how?) but that is when he was separated from his wife so too bad our timing was off.  He went on to tell me that, if nothing else, he would have shown me a good time.  Again, "what?!?"  First, you are talking about protecting Paris Hilton at some trendy LA club and now I should be sorry because you are now back with your wife...although if I was interested in being your travel partner ("she's not really into travel") you need a companion for you 100 day long motorcycle ride to Sturgis.  Oh yes, please pick me! Nothing would make me happier than being the side dish on the back of a motorcycle trip that involves camping, I think.  And, again, at least 15 years older than me (although he thought I was 5 years younger than I actually am so again, ewww!) and while I imagine he could take good care of me, not what I had in mind.

Of course, traffic was horrendous that day so what could have been just a long 2 hours in the car turned into an oh my gosh, I'm seriously considering jumping out of the window kind of experience. Fortunately, my daughter's movie ended and I immediately said "NO!" when asked whether or not she wanted to watch another one.  I know I should be flattered that some aging Kevin Costner/Whitney Houston movie character thinks I'm the bees knees and could make me happy, but I just can't do it.  I think I'll continue to take my chances on the unmarried, non foot fetish, closer to my age pool of applicants. Wow!

2 comments:

  1. I think I would have been a little creeped out too! Glad your daughter was with you! My husband and I watched a Nickleback concert on tv recently that was filmed live at Sturgis. The band was excellent but the crowd....WILD! For some reason I can't imagine you being in that crowd, unless you would be willing to ride on the shoulders of Mr. Bodyguard and pull of your bikini top for the camera! Just can't picture it! Glad your festival went well! See you soon!!!!!!!!
    TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's see...not doing the bikini top, nor being on the shoulders of this Mr. Bodyguard so, yeah, thinking I made the right call. See you soon!!!!! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete