Warning! This blog contains material not suited for the annoyingly happy or newly in love (wait, aren’t those the same?) as I am feeling a little blue. Granted, I look really good in blue…totally brings out the eyes, which is why I chose blue shirts for the year I was president of that famous festival. Yes, yes, I digress which is really bugging me because it makes it hard for me to stay grumpy. And, for some reason, grumpy has been the mood of the day.
Well, if I’m being totally honest, and why not, it’s a blog, not dinner with my dad, I know why I’m grumpy…I’m just not proud of the reason. I’m feeling sorry for myself! There, I said it, I’m being a pathetic, hormone crazed, wah wah me, chick! And, what is worse, I am doing it over a man…or to be more accurate, the lack of a really good man! Now, doesn’t that make you just want to shoot me?
And, really, my visits to Pityland never last long, and since I know so many people are dealing with real life problems right now I promise this trip won’t even require an overnight bag. This will just be a short commuter flight trip to lament on the fact I definitely seem to be sending off the wrong vibe or that maybe, just maybe I’ve lost my touch. I realize Mr. Jersey Shore said I was sexy…but he also said he had been separated for 2 years and yeah, not so sure that is the case, so all comments from him are now questionable. And, maybe that is also the problem…sexy is good…but I also want to be cute, fun, date able!
Therein lies my dilemma…I have met men…you’ve read about it…but I’m either not meeting the right men or it isn’t at the right time in their lives for me! Hot Electrician is a good man, and yes, hot…just not in the dating single moms with a penchant for basketball tournaments phase. Mr. GI Joe is a very good man…just not in a phase to date, well, anyone! And, well, yes, pretty sure the heat in Jersey Shore’s kitchen isn’t what I’m looking for.
Yes, I’m content and live a very busy life…2 amazing kids, 2 neurotic adorable dogs, great friends, tons of community work, job I’m good at…wait, again, why am I grumpy?! Oh yeah, because there isn’t a guy to make me wonder if I look good, whose annoying habits I have to overlook, whose call I stress about not coming in…Again, I know, I know…it isn’t all it is cracked up to be…
Seriously, I just think we are wired to be part of a couple and right now that wiring is shorting out a bit…reminding me of my current situation. I will be fine, and I will be back to being the over the top aging cheerleader (with enough cynicism to make me palatable) that I normally am.
I do thank you for humoring my mood though. I see a full then empty then full wine glass in my future.
I think that everyone deserves a pity party now and then. If someone tells you they never have one, they are lying! It's the people that stay in the pity mode 24/7 that irritate the s*!t out of me. Sometimes I am in a pity party because I DO have a partner! One that drives me CRAZY sometimes(well a lot actually)! I have wished many times that he worked on a tugobat and was only home 10days/month! My sons sitter, when he was little, had a husband that did that and I always envied her. Of course, if mine was on a boat, I'm sure he would be gone for all the major holidays, natural disasters, etc. Now who is on the pity party? Maybe I will have a glass of wine too! Love you girl!
ReplyDeleteTT
You can have wine and whine with me any time! I am so lucky to have y'all in my life...and you love me anyhow!!
ReplyDelete