Sunday, January 1, 2012

Well, it sounded like a good plan...

I pride myself on being a pretty good political strategist and actually do quite a bit of that in my "real job".  I know how to best stage an appearance, who should sit next to whom, what events to invite which elected officials to, what answers should be given when, etc...and while it obviously makes life seem pretty staged and planned, it works!  So, one wouldn't be too surprised to know that I'm usually pretty good at, well, scheming, off the clock either.  It is a talent (I choose to call it a talent) that I seem to have possessed all my life.  I knew how to conveniently be somewhere at the right time for that "chance" meeting...to know to do my homework on a prospect ahead of time...being prepared is never a bad thing.  And, for the most part it has served me well.  And, what is better, I have a very good friend who happens to be a A+ schemer as well.  Therefore, one would think that when these two friends, with a little brain power put their scheming heads together, that they would have covered all the details...the minute and the general.  Well, that is what one gets for thinking!

New Year's Eve is always pressure filled (read my entry from last year for confirmation) but it can also present a very nice opportunity for things to just "magically" happen...you know that magical kiss at midnight business....Yes, I've been watching holiday movies again.  Anyhow, Hallmark created expectations set aside, it seemed like the perfect time for the Hot Electrician and I to at least be at the same place at the same time again...especially since his relationship was over now.  So, off we went with our plans (granted, way late in the week) and a party was planned.  Perfect!  Now, what to wear.

Of course, I spent hours telling myself to not get my hopes up as really he never instigates the text conversations and obviously knows my number.  But, in conversations with my friend, we decided that women just are better at the whole text flirting thing...Maybe I should have been watching "He's Just Not That Into You"  instead of Kiss at Christmas or Boyfriend for Christmas or well, anything with Christmas in the title.  But, I was caught up the excitement of it all...even made plans to have my eye make up done all sexy like.

Let's revisit the previous paragraph now though as we overlooked one small detail....he was having his own party!  Seriously!!!  And, the guests at the different parties would not be the kind you could mix together into one...it would be like putting onions into the fruit bowl with apples...it just makes everything taste bad.  What dopes!  So much for the planned spontaneity of a NYE kiss.

Maybe I should be seeing this as a sign...he doesn't start the texts (and sometimes doesn't answer them) and our plans for a chance sighting is completely stopped in its tracks...hmm....anyone else see a pattern here?  And, I always thought I was smart!  But, somehow I still think we're supposed to at least go out...don't ask me to explain my logic, I just think it!

New Year's Eve still turned out to be a blast ....with great friends, yummy food and tons of laughs...reminding me that for all that I may not have, I have what I need...and, who knows, maybe 2012 will be the real start of my new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment