Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sunday rundown

I used to like watching 60 Minutes on Sunday nights as I felt it was the perfect way to get me caught up on news for the week...all in the span of an hour. I could take a few minutes (okay, 60 to be exact) out of my day and be informed for the week. I have decided to use that as a model for this blog...with one addition...I will add a Wednesday update as well. So, I will aim to provide 2 updates for my readers keeping you up to date on the craziness which we have discovered is my life. For my update this Sunday, I owe you an update on my date from Tuesday night...well, it didn't happen so I had nothing to update. My dating boss told me he had to cancel because I had sent off the aura that I didn't want to go on the date after all. Mr. Soprano was very friendly and apologetic when he called to say his day had been crazy and I completely understood. We talked for a long time with lots of laughter and funny stories and I admit to enjoying every minute of it. So, when he asked if we could try to do something over the weekend I didn't even try to come up with an excuse, I said yes...and then, put it out of my mind. I hate that I wasn't more excited and that I didn't spend the week trying to plan my wardrobe for a possible date. Why wasn't I chomping at the bit thinking about this very nice guy who liked to call me for his "fix", who drove a truck, coached his kids' football teams...well, pretty much fit almost every item on my list? But, I was going to ignore the apathy and just say yes if he called. My week was actually incredibly busy with work, kids, you know, life so pretty much put it all out of my mind and made plans for most of the weekend...wine bar with my GBFF Friday night, dinner with my dating boss and her husband Saturday night and 4 basketball games thrown in the middle somewhere. When I hadn't heard from him by Friday night I decided I wasn't going to go out with him. I mean really, shouldnt he be more interested in getting together with me? Yes, I appreciate the irony here but again, this is my blog so you should automatically side with me. And, even if you don't, I am going to believe you do so I am still smiling. Of course, I do get a text from him saying he has missed hearing from me and he'd love to get that drink Saturday night....I am not canceling my plans so just don't respond for a bit. I never said I wasn't a brat...After much consideration, I decide that maybe, just maybe, watching the 49er playoff game with him would be fun and really, why not just say yes. I text back that I have dinner plans with friends but would love to watch the game that afternoon at the local Chili's. This was a two fold plan...first, I wanted to see if there was any more chemistry and two, I think you can tell a lot about a guy by the way he watches football. Believe me, I am sure there is a science to my madness but only I know the equation. Now, I know this is going to amaze you all...but, I had a very nice time...shocker! He is still just as cute, made me laugh just as much and said all the right things. And, this time, I even kissed him goodbye. But, yet, when I showed up at my friend's house and she asked how it was my answer was qualified by "he's a very nice guy". Why is that? Why do I think that is a negative? Do I really need to eat nice guys for breakfast? Can't I at least let them stick around until dinner or dessert? Is there really something necessary about an edge? And the answer is yes, I do need the edge. I know my weaknesses and they are completely highlighted when I am with a guy who is too nice for me. I need someone to rein me in sometimes...to again, think I am almost perfection but certainly doesn't let me know that too often. But, I also know, I had a very nice time so next time he calls and yes, he will call, I will say yes and go have a great time. However, I also know, we will have a talk in the not so distant future that warns him to say no if I invite him over for breakfast.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you have fun. Just put on your rhinestone studded, proceed with caution tiara...but not too tight. Keep your mind open. Nice is good. I don't know why us women are drawn to the "bad boys" with an edge. I think most women are but the older I get, the more I see that nice is better. I have some friends that are married to "bad boys" who have not gotten any better in 20 years. I am not saying to settle but just go with the flow and keep that open mind. You don't really know someone right away anyway! That's my 2 cents worth, for what it's worth! xoxoxo
    TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your two cents are always worth a lot more to me...thank you! And, yes, the older I get the more I realize I don't want the bad boy...maybe just nice with an edge. But, not shutting the door just yet on this one. ;-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete