I’ve realized again, why I don’t date. I don’t like it! It is probably one of the reasons I stayed with Alex so much longer than I should have….I didn’t want to start over. I don’t like the anticipation, it doesn’t fill me with fun little butterflies or make me want to do my hair, my make up, smile big or play nice. The thought of it actually makes me want to pour a large glass of wine, curl up in my sweats on the couch and hide under a blanket. All of which sounds much better to me than going home, feeding the dogs then getting all “cute-ified” for drinks with Tony Soprano which is what I am doing tonight.
As I’ve mentioned before, he’s a very nice guy and cute. He meets several of the requirements on my novel length list and really will make some women a very nice date partner. I just am not feeling it today. I’ve thought of canceling several times but because I have given dating choice control over to a very good friend for the time being, she says I’m going…and that I’m going to have fun! Wow, not only do I not get to sit home and be cozy (if not a little lonely), I have to go out and have fun! Slave Driver!
But, really, I know she is right. I need to get out there and enjoy myself with members of the opposite sex…and not ones who are emotionally unavailable, have cheated on me, don’t call back…hmm…should I go on? No, I know having a drink with a nice looking, responsible, owns his own business kind of guy is what I should be doing. And, really, some women would kill for a nice date with a man who thinks she is hot, and smart, and funny. Okay, already, I’m going!! Like I said, I didn’t have a choice…my dating boss told me I was going.
So, while you are home comfortable reading this at your leisure, think of me suffering through a nice night with a nice guy. Yes, I’m feeling your sympathy from here.
epic long date! Where is the update?
ReplyDeleteIt's easier to go out with the wrong boys. Cause you have a built in defense for why is doesn't work. I have two that are on my dating spreadsheet right now. I'm not doing the online thing in 2012. I'm going to meet me the "old fashioned" way and see what happens. Although I am currently avoiding that date with another "nice" guy that friends are setting me up with. **sigh** where is the remote? I'm ready to curl up on the couch.
Okay...so, I updated my date...what about you? :-)
ReplyDelete