A family member mentioned a while ago that she decided on a whim to contact a pyschic...just for kicks, really, but did it nonetheless. And, I have to admit, I was tempted. Completely and totally tempted. Part of me thinks "why not" but of course, another part thinks that costs money...and money that I could just as easily spend on a glass of wine (or several) and wonder what my future is going to include. And, considering I can talk myself out of a purchase between the back of store and the cash register, I am not surprised I talked myself out of this idea too. But, c'mon, you understand my interest, right? Now, I wouldn't want to know if there were some danger lurking or if I had some random tropical disease or anything like that. I would just want to know if I should be paying more or less attention to some of the men in my life. Should I continue to give Tony Soprano more chances to wow and impress me or will he be serving 20 because he wasn't really joking about the shovel in the back of his Cadillac? Is there some sort of undeniable chemistry between the hot electrician and me or was it really just the pool and Don Elias Extra Anejo playing tricks on us last summer? Is there someone waiting in the wings I don't even know about yet? And, if so, can you give me a hint on what day he will appear so I know to be looking hot, please? See, I'm not being unreasonable. These are logical questions to have and what if someone could answer them for me.
Yes, I understand part of living is the unknown but isn't progress all about saving yourself from wasted time? Again, it all makes sense to me...but I also know I would most likely have a hard time taking the advice of someone who has a 976 line and who can tell you your future for 3 easy payments of $19.99 each. So, I guess we are back at square one...which is where I knew we'd end up anyway.
I am going to have to decide on my own if Tony Soprano (who really does have a foot long tattoo of the Ferrari logo on his leg because he is the Italian Stallion") is worth a few more dates or if his text about wearing heels and nothing else was more than just not knowing how to be sly. I was ready to call it game over after that text...first, because it was in response to me saying I couldn't wait to get home and put on sweats (does that mean he doesn't appreciate the importance of the cozy clothes and pony tail) and second, because well, ew....I have at least 20 pounds to lose before I'd look in a mirror wearing nothing but heels and well, probably never when I would let someone else see me like that. But, my dating boss told me to give him the benefit of the doubt...maybe he'd been drinking. At 3:OO in the afternoon???? But, okay, his texts over the weekend were very tame....but still the images of both the nickname and the request have been burned into my mind. And, I will have to keep thinking about why the Hot Electrician will respond to a few fun casual texts but then ignore the one sent 3 days later. Usually I wait the appropriate 2-3 weeks between texts but this one was funny so figured why not.
Again, if someone named Madame Stardust told me he was the one turning me on (pun intended...and apologies to his sister and nieces) months from now then I'd be less anxious about what a few unreturned texts over several months mean. But, now I just have to convince myself that I really am on the non stalker side of the street and hope it to be the case. Well, as much as I would love to know if I have a chance of Mr. Right in my future I really can't see my former pearl wearing Reese Witherspoon type persona turning over Tarot cards in a dimly lit room that smells of incense andwho knows what else. Instead, I will just have that glass of wine.
No comments:
Post a Comment