Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Epiphany!

I came to an incredibly important realization today...and did this free of counseling sessions...I think like a man! Or at least at times I do. I had been feeling a strong sense of nostalgia lately for Alex and our lost relationship and, at first, chalked it up to the calendar anniversary of my move out. I was sure that he would chase after me, begging my forgiveness and showing me the doctor's note saying he had been cured of his tendency to stray. I have a healthy self confidence and truly believed he would realize immediately what he had lost when I moved out. Granted, I also know he has trust issues, abandonment issues and the need to not be alone so why I thought he'd boot out the new chick is beyond reason...but hey, it was my fantasy so go with it.

Anyhow, it dawned on me that what I really missed was sex. (I say this in the whispered voice of a girl who spent her formative years in the Bible Belt) I missed the butterflies, the after glow, all of it! As a woman of 41, I realize there may not be that many years ahead of me where I'm all about "woohoo, let's go!" and I knew Alex & I were, unfortunately, really good in this area of our relationship. So, while I won't say I didn't miss other aspects of our life together...the proverbial light bulb definitely went on this morning and flashed a big XXX. I need a FWB!

How does one go about finding one of those? I don't think it comes up in conversation frequently..."Hey, did you see the Lakers/Celtics game tonight? No, too bad...hey, wanna get laid? No strings attached." And, even if it were that easy, who would I ask?? My male friends are either married, gay or would completely put me in the dreaded "Cougar" category. But, as this seems like a really enjoyable and completely inexpensive way to deal with my melancholy and sadness, I think it deserves a little exploration. My current goal...how to make a booty call when you aren't sure of the booty....

No comments:

Post a Comment