What is about pool parties that make you feel like a 15 year old again? First, you are nervous about what you look like in a bathing suit (think 40+ year old mom who doesn't look like Courtney Cox) and you have me. But then the water feels good, the games of chicken start and you are laughing as you do relay races with the other moms who look just like you! It couldn't have been a more fun day.
Of course, I will be honest and say, some of the excitement didn't come from the fact it was a celebration of our nation's independence but more from the fact that 365 days to the date later from the first few texts telling me I really ought to meet and hang out with Mr. Hot Electrician, we both were feeling the same flirty feelings at the same time.
What started out as an innocent game of chicken (as I mentioned above) eventually led to a kiss (yes, I realize I'm 42 and a kiss shouldn't mean that much). A kiss that, as lame as this sounds, was actually worth the year long, multiple misses, wait. But, then again, if we all remember back to our teenage years, kisses in a pool also seem more exciting somehow.
Now, I'm not expecting anything to come of this...hello, it took us a major league baseball season, an NFL season, an NBA season and several holidays to even get us to this point. And really, the dilemma is getting Mr. Hot Electrician to understand that I'm not looking for Mr. Forever right now...if it happened, great...but I am just more interested in someone fun to hang out with when I don't have the kids, a few more of those kisses (and heck, more wouldn't be bad either) but not expecting us to create the Brady Bunch any time soon.
Guys have it easy where that is concerned. Most women think that is their motive from the beginning so already expect nothing but if a woman comes across saying she just wants casual, guys are immediately suspect. They think we are either trying to trick them with our feigned indifference or we must be a slut then. And, really, it is neither where I am concerned. I just know I've made one too many mistakes in the male choice department so I am taking my time.
So, while I am not sure I will be seeing any other sparks caused by Mr. Hot E (and, yes he is hot!), at least I can be happy with the knowledge I do still have "it" a little and that my instincts (and those of our friends) weren't wrong...we were kind of good together.
Woo hoo!!! I guess I'm 15 too...
ReplyDelete