I have discovered a new favorite show. The acting is less than stellar, there are no hot men on it and it is on a channel I've never heard of. However, none of that matters as it is the first show I've found that captures what I picture every time I think of leaving California and starting over. Hot in Cleveland stars Valerie Bertinelli, Betty White, the English actress from Frasier and the woman I always confuse with Christine Baranksi. You can see from that sentence why I've never been asked to be a TV critic. But, again, I love it!
Valerie Bertinelli is an adorable 40+ recent divorcee who plans a trip to Paris with her 2 best friends...all LA women with CA lifestyles. After their plane makes an emergency landing in, of all places, Cleveland, they find themselves in typical Midwestern bar looking for a much needed drink and a side of Valium, I'm sure. However, when they walk in they realize they have entered the Twilight Zone where women over 25 and larger than a size 2 are considered hot and where men actually are looking for women, not over aged Barbie dolls. It is my idea of paradise.
Silicon Valley reality is not normal for the rest of the country...60 year old ranch style homes should never go for $750,000...cities should not host Cougar Conventions that are featured on the evening news and I shouldn't fall into the below moderate income level when I'm closer to the $100,000 mark than to the $50,000 mark (not much closer but still). Now I'm not sure I really want to be in Cleveland...I've been to Ohio and was plenty ready to leave Ohio...but the sentiment is what I wrote about a couple of days ago...I think I'm hot elsewhere. Again, okay, hot maybe an overstatement, but I'd definitely be on the B+ list at any bar in middle America.
I'm not sure this argument is going to fly with the former husband when I tell him why he really needs to get a job on the opposite coast. "Well, you see, I'm hotter on the East Coast than I am on the West Coast"...but at least it gives me hope. And, in the meantime, I just need to plan more visits outside of Silicone based Silicon Valley and hang out in the real world.
So, if you haven't tuned into TV Land and discovered the cheesiest show on TV these days, check it out...It is my new inspiration.
No comments:
Post a Comment