One of the nice things about blogging is that I can make my blog however I want. Usually I try to amuse with the random stories of my life but sometimes I can err on the snarky side (i.e. posts about the 8th dwarf) and today I am going to play the writer's choice card and walk on the more profound side of life. Indulge me or skip a day ...it is totally up to you.
I lost a dear friend yesterday...completely sudden and totally unexpected. This woman was an amazing testament to the joy of life and was constantly sharing stories of her son and grandchild whenever she could. She also was the amazing type of soul who reminded you to enjoy life to its fullest, to never take a moment for granted and to kiss your loved ones (especially your children) whenever you could. Advice we should all heed.
She was a very active part of the festival I am involved in so I've known her for years...and she always was looking out for me. After my husband and I split up she was determined to set me up with this good friend of hers...someone I know, think is incredibly hot but am pretty convinced he and I play for the same team...Anyhow, I had just started really dating Alex so told her why I wasn't interested. She knew him as well and just said "as long as you love one another and are happy, nothing else matters". That is how she lived...and was fortunate to have been married to a man who truly adored her...for 30+ years!
Losing her was a reminder to always tell people you love them, to never take one second for granted, and to remember life is short...live, laugh, love...every minute of every day. I have been doing that and know I have no regrets. The choices I've made have made me who I am and each step I take toward tomorrow means I'm living. Thank you for continuing to live right along with me.
I'm so sorry. It sounds like she gave you wonderful advice that you will be able to carry with you forever and remember her often. Hang in there and I'm sure the festival this year will be your most successful one yet because she will be watching over you. Love you bunches! xoxoxo
ReplyDelete