Country songs are written about unanswered prayers for a reason…it is true. Our lives take the paths they do because somewhere deep inside you know it is the right direction to head. It isn’t easy, and at times it hurts more than you think you can bear but you continue on, one step, one day, one week, one month…until you get to the point you can wake up in the morning and know you are where you are supposed to be. I know this to be the case because while waking up in a Chase Suites (with lots to be desired) hotel room in Southern CA may not seem like the place to be, it was where my heart belonged this past weekend.
We all know I loved Alex with all of my heart…and will admit to focusing more on that than on other aspects of my life. Leaving him was and will be the hardest choice I’ve ever had to make and I also will admit that I missed him this weekend. He would have been very proud of my little rock star son…he was amazing! But, what I realized was this is my life…I like being the fun, cute, very enthusiastic basketball mom who can focus on the wants and needs of my two amazing children without worrying that I’m neglecting him, neglecting them, not giving anyone the attention they deserve. And, when I do meet the man who I’m supposed to be with (either a new one or a much improved earlier model) he is going to not only appreciate that but want to be right there with me cheering on these incredible people.
And, believe me, cheer I did! In one gym, and then another, and oh yeah, two to three more. As we jetted from one Beverly Hills 90210 high school to another, I would either provide pep talks to the players or listen to the girls discuss where Selena Gomez was shopping that day…we did see a few limos that I tried to convince them contained very famous celebrities. Outside of the fact we were 1-3 for the weekend, it really was an unforgettable experience for all involved. And, one I wouldn’t have missed for the world.
I hate to disappoint those of you who were hoping for a Real Housewives of the OC post today but really it was a very easy (well, as easy as it can be to drive around Southern CA for two days) weekend. Yes, that means the Amazon girlfriend did not go…not sure why…didn’t ask…just noticed when we all met up for lunch on the road that she did not emerge from the car with my former husband, my daughter and her friend. Maybe the thought of 6 hours in the car with two incredibly chatty elementary school girls was just too much for her. That definitely takes the blame off of me…I mean I am sure it had nothing to do with not wanting to spend 48 solid hours with little ole me.
In the grand scale of my life I’m going to give this weekend a 9…no annoying girlfriend, superstar children, gorgeous weather, lots of good mom moments but I wouldn’t have minded the partner to turn to when I yell “oh my gosh, did you see that? He is aMAZing!!”
No comments:
Post a Comment