Thursday, September 23, 2010

OCD with a side of neurosis

There is no doubt in my mind (or the minds of anyone around me) that I'm a little "special"...and by special I mean crazy.  Not "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" crazy, but a little more like Jack Nicholson's character in "As Good as it Gets"...wow...he's played crazy several times.  Anyhow, yes, I'm a little, hmm..., particular about certain things but really, I think that is just a sign that I like things how I like them, right?  Although, it could also be interfering with me finding someone new...just saying.

Perfect example of how whacked I actually am came earlier this evening as the kids and I were watching "The Middle" on television.  While I'm a much bigger fan of "Modern Family", Katie swears by this show so we watch it as a family and I will admit to laughing out loud at least a few times each episode.  However, those moments of enjoyment are completely overshadowed by the fact I often watch the show with my eyes half closed.  No, it's not scary in the horror film kind of way but more in the "oh my gosh, how can you live in such an unorganized, the carpets aren't straight, kids 1/2 dressed, pig-sty kind of life?".  Seriously, I freak out!  I understand it is a television show, designed to make you laugh but really, for someone with more than the average OCD tendencies, it is just pure torture.

This, of course, got me to thinking...what nut job is going to meet my long list of criteria and still want to go out with me?  I'm crazy!  I personally don't think there is anything majorly wrong with my need to have the money in my wallet be organized from 1's up, face forward, but maybe there are others who might not get it.  And, even my sister, who has been known to break out into cold sweats when the carpets aren't aligned properly, said I was a freak the other day. 

She and I were talking about my list of requirements for the next man in my life and I realized I hadn't added "must be able to spell...even in text messages".  She was floored...but I can't help it, I spend waaayyy too much time making sure my texts, my emails, my status updates are spelled correctly.  If I don't know how to spell it, I will change the word.  I'm not expecting Mr. Hot Stuff to be Einstein (that would bug me) but yes, proper spelling is up there. 

So, along with a dear friend, I've decided to start a new online dating service for smart rednecks only...I, of course, will be the judge of what constitutes the redneck and the smart part will probably be obvious.  Now I just have to come up with a name...Any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. LOL I think it's a great idea and it just has to have a clever url. While thinking of some url names for whatever reason my thoughts brought me to the idea of a "mullet." Business in the front, party in the back. Don't get me wrong, mullets are hideous but the idea of having both business and party I think coincides with your cowboy-smart kind of man. So, here goes:
    www.clevercowboy.com
    www.brainybuckaroo.com
    www.wisewrangler.com
    www.bootsandbrains.com

    ReplyDelete