Sunday, September 26, 2010

Hot for teacher...

I guess that is a little misleading as I'm not in school, and we're actually talking about a basketball coach but the sentiment just seemed to fit...
Once again my weekends were filled with lazy hours at the beach, being waited on by hot cabana boys and serenaded by gorgeous country singers who just think I'm all that and ten bags of chips...wait, you aren't buying it.  Yeah well, neither am I!  But, I am really not complaining as I love having my kids involved in sports and activities and all the stuff that makes them happy.   However, I also don't mind when those activities have a little hidden bonus for me!

My daughter's basketball team is usually coached by my former husband, but for the last two weeks he has had conflicts so it has been a duty thrust upon the leader of the basketball program.  I tried to substitute at least one time last season and it was so pathetic the older girls who were out on the court came over to save their younger dribbling sisters from complete bball humiliation.  Hey, I was a great basketball cheerleader...I swear! 

Anyhow, I have seen the head of the program on numerous times over the past 2 years, and have always found him on the attractive side...tall, dark hair, and obviously likes sports (and kids!).  But, considering I was completely obsessed with Alex for the better part of those 24 months, never really gave Mr B-ball much more than a passing glance.  Also, it wasn't like he was accidentally throwing the ball my direction to get my attention either.  Although, you can't really blame him since I either come to practice each week with my hair in a pony/baseball hat or I think he assumes I'm still married to Mr. Wonderful.  Either way, we aren't talking instant chemistry.

But, this Saturday I made a point of at least chatting with him more than the obligatory "Hey, how's it going?" and even did the whole smile and make him laugh thing.  And, when I saw him pull up to the gym, he was driving an oversized pick up truck...oh yeah, closet Red Neck!!  C'mon, how can I not at least try to see if this could lead to a dinner or drinks...

So, next Saturday, I will shower, look cute, but not too cute and see if I can't get do my own rendition of "Put me in, Coach."... I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment