Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Thoughts from me on a Tuesday afternoon

So, I have completely reverted to a 15 year old girl…but in a time that had cell phones and texting. Which, to be sure, is not when I grew up. We still only had to dial the last four numbers as there weren’t that many phones. And, we found out if a guy liked us by having our best friend ask his best friend in homeroom…we didn’t have to decipher idk, if he’s in2u to mean I don’t know if he’s into you…lol was the beginning of lollipop and we certainly had to wait a lot longer as writing in bubble letters is much more time consuming than texting with your thumbs.


Okay, okay, back to me…jeesh, that is what this blog is about anyhow! First, before I dazzle you with all incredibly interesting excitement in my life (yeah, yeah, we are talking about me so hold your excitement in check a little bit), I have to share with you why my life is so amazing…guy or not. My 8 year old daughter is a hoot, a full on walking firecracker but one who has a flair for the dramatic. As you all know, I’m the no drama mama so we live in a drama free zone. My line to her is “unless there is more blood than a band-aid can contain or an actual bone sticking out, I don’t want the tears”…and it gets used quite often. Last week, as the crocodile tears started to bubble over who knows what, I quoted my line…to which her response was “But, Momma, there is blood in my heart”, complete with sigh and hand gestures. Yes, this is why I’m happy all the time!

But on the ever so interesting saga of my non existent dating life, I closed up my online profile. Yes, I know I only lasted a week.  But, sorry, I just couldn’t do it. The thought that some of these guys were seeing my picture and then sending me notes was more than I could handle. One of them actually sent 3 paragraphs full of dancing emoticons. I wanted to write back to see if his mother knew he was on the computer all hours of the night. I was right to think the online world was just not for me. Of course there are exceptions (like me!) and I have been emailing, texting with this incredibly nice man who seems relatively normal. However, he also lives an hour away so for now am content with the fun texts.

There is a good chance Mr. Oklahoma and I might plan a quick weekend visit …or as quick as one can make it across the country but that is also in the planning stages. I’m trying to remind myself to take it just one step at a time…and that not everyone understands my inane ability to just know if something is going to work or not…so really, just sit back, relax and enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment