Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The softer side of me...

Every once in a while I decide to use my very limited writing ability to share stories that don't involve drinking, family drama or neurosis of any kind...(it happens, I swear!).  Here is one poem, childrens' story I wrote a while back for your reading pleasure.  Enjoy.

From the top of the rooftops


To the small blades of grass

The fairies all sighed and

Said “Darkness at last”.


They went right to work

With their brushes and wands

And got very busy

In the fields, yards and ponds.


I’ll paint this pink”

Giggled Dottie with glee.

While Alvin yelled happily

“It will be green for me!”

“What shall we do with this one?”

Asked Susie with a frown?

“I think,” said Bug, “it shall be

Yellow & red with a trunk of brown.”


“We like that idea”

Said the fairies as one

And worked even harder to

Beat the slow rising sun.


“We better get painting”

Said the head fairy boss

As he touched up one last flower

With a small dab of gloss.

And just as the sun peaked

Over the hill

The fairies all huddled against

The early morning chill.

“Did we finish them all?”

“Are the colors just right?”

“Let’s take a quick look

At our work of last night.”

From the fields of green grass

To the mountains of gold

The fairies all watched

The beauty of Spring unfold.

No comments:

Post a Comment