Anyone who knows me knows I’m not a big drinker. No, believe me, I’m not saying I don’t drink because well, I’d be lying. I’ve mentioned BevMo more often in my blogs than most family members so we all know I am not opposed to alcohol at all. To be more accurate, I don’t get drunk. I can probably count on both hands the number of times I’ve been out and out drunk in my life…thank goodness!
And, again, I have no problem with people who drink like that, I just can’t…as a complete and total control freak, the idea of not being in absolute control of my actions is beyond comprehension. And, it is very difficult to be smart sexy when you are slurring your words so I just don’t make it a habit. Now that I’ve laid the groundwork for my philosophy on drinking, forget that for this blog as I definitely drank more than I wanted to or should have a few weeks ago which is where my trip down Embarrassment Avenue comes into play.
One of my girlfriends and her husband threw a long awaited summer party, which turned into a Fall Fiesta right around Halloween. When the idea first emerged her incredibly cute electrician brother (yes, THAT electrician) and I joked she should have an ice luge at the party. She had no idea what we were talking about so I promised her I’d have one for her at the much anticipated event. And, I did…(thank you Amazon.com…and 24 hours in the freezer).
The shooting star ice sculpture was a hit…but of course, had to be tested…again, and I guess, again. People of all legal ages were drinking ice cold tequila like it was water. Unfortunately this included me. I don’t know what I was thinking but the fun cute happy smile was no longer in my control as my flirting with Mr. Hot Electrician was just not so cute any more (in my mind) so I went to bed…immediately.
I woke up the next morning, totally mortified. I know I didn’t do or say anything completely outrageous, just out of character for me. I couldn’t text Mr. Hot Electrician fast enough to apologize for gosh knows what I said. He was incredibly gracious and told me how much fun he had. Ay yay yay….really? Am I 16?!
But, as I really am just all that witty…I took this as an opportunity to make fun of myself a few more times via text with him…each time resulting in a quick exchange of fun flirty messages. And, while nothing has still come of the chemistry (which I believe to be there), I have to say the fact he spelled every word in all of his texts correctly…which as we know is a big one for me. Maybe that is a sign…
Anyhow, I’m now back on the no tequila for me band wagon…(at least it didn’t make my clothes fall off!)
No comments:
Post a Comment