Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I'm baaaaccckkkk

We now return to the previously scheduled programming of my life…as I took a brief hiatus to focus on my unsuccessful attempt to be the next Barbara Eden and Harper Valley PTA star. But as I am a true believer that everything happens for a reason, I believe I lost because really, how exciting would a blog be if it was all about school board politics? Yawn!


So, to catch you all up to speed on the non-earth shattering but somewhat amusing activities which happened during our commercial break….

While I did lose my run for the school board, I did take simple (albeit somewhat sick) pleasure in the fact that every single time Alex and the dwarf drove to work or outside of town they had to pass by huge signs with my name on them. Okay, yes, I am moving on, but have to admit I found that funny.
Halloween was once again an event for the ages as the former husband, and the GF plus the kids and me participated in the downtown trick or treat adventures. The two of them coming in matching surgical outfits because as my daughter informed me…”Daddy has a heart on his chest because “GF” has made him Dr. Love”…no, I didn’t actually vomit on the spot but laughed out loud quite a bit. Oh my gosh! But, my favorite part of the night was watching people’s faces as they saw the two of us with the kids (a very common occasion) but then saw the addition of the GF grasping his hand as if she may actually get lost if she didn’t hang on for dear life. I, of course, poured a nice glass of cabernet to go with the candy bar I snagged from my kids’ stash as soon as I got home.

There is still no knight in shining armor parking his horse outside my front door but I will catch you all up to date on my foray into embarrassment land tomorrow.

Thanks for being patient with me!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are back! Missed you bunches! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete