I love Christmas…the smells, decorating my house, the lights on all the trees in our cute downtown…but…and this is a pretty big but…I hate hanging up the lights outside. It is truly one more item I am adding to the perfect guy list…likes country music, drives a truck, thinks I’m fabulous and will hang Christmas lights!
However, since I really like the look of the lights, I want them hung! So, because I can be a bit stubborn at times (and yes, just a bit!), I got out my box of lights and started making my house look festive…not Griswold festive but good ole’ Southern charm, icicle white light festive…the kind of lights you see in all of the Hallmark movies. Yes, once again, I know those are fiction but seriously they sell the lights at Target, so how hard can it be?! I also forgot to remind myself that these made for TV movies also have electricians who hang their lights for them (once again, the electrician plays a starring role)!
Anyhow, after what seemed like several hours and more than one growl I had hung lights…okay, maybe flung, dropped, let land where they may, would better describe what I had done but they were up and I went inside relatively pleased with myself. I remained smug until dark when I actually turned the lights on. Oh my gosh, it looked like the light fairy had thrown up in my yard…and not in a good way! My house screams “lame, single woman lives here and sucks at Christmas lights!”
But, since I am nothing if not resilient, I went back to Target today and am now armed with $100 worth of easy button lights, extension cords and a whole new attitude. I’m going to show these lights who’s boss! And, if that fails, I’m calling 1-800-lightguy!
"My house screams “lame, single woman lives here and sucks at Christmas lights!”
ReplyDeleteHAHAHAHAHAHAAH OMG you are too funny!! Post a pic, I need to see this.