Friday, May 11, 2012

Stirred...not shaken

When Sean Connery says “Shaken, not stirred” in his oh so sexy brogue, we ladies swoon. A well shaken, well made martini really is just the perfect picture of high class…although I like my class a little dirty so throw in some olives, will you please? Anyhow, that line is definitely one of the most recognizable in movie history. However, I am very pleased to tell you that today “Stirred, not shaken” is much much better.


No, I haven’t taken to drinking my days away with a stiff martini (although that doesn’t sound bad), I’m actually referring to my state of mind after a very interesting day of random texts received. As many of you know, my life has actually been pretty full of sunshine and roses lately (well, really, I’m kind of always happy…like an annoying Barbie doll…just about 5 inches shorter with lots more hips) but truly, I’m just in a good place and enjoying it. Which is why I think I must have been emitting some sort of aura into the air (not pheromones...well…maybe pheromones…yes, I am one of those who has totally been hooked onto the 50 Shades of Grey series…bring on the mommy-porn) as I must have let the universe know I’m happy and could really be thinking about being happy with someone else. That aura traveled and landed in the strangest place…Alex’s phone!!

Yes, Alex! After 6 months I get a completely random text yesterday about mail that was delivered to his house and he was going to put it in the mail to me at work. Now, before you think maybe this is just his way of being nice, remember, I’ve been gone from that house almost 3 years…do you think this is the first time mail has been delivered there? Uh…no! I’m sure that mail just found its way to the trash can. But, now when I actually have goofy smiles thinking about someone else, he decides to get in touch?! And, that was it…just that one 15 word text. And, while I did analyze it and immediately text my dating boss, what I didn’t do is drop the phone or start to shake uncontrollably. No, I actually just texted back my new work address and “thanks”. Check me out with my bad self. Of course, it is almost 24 hours later and I’m still writing you about it but think about the progress I have made. That is what I’m taking from this.

You did notice, right, that I said random texts (plural)?? Yes, also out of the blue I get a text from a newly separated Jersey Shore Chef who was “a mess” because his agent/girlfriend was coming with him to California this summer. Oh…okay…and this is a problem why? I am pretty sure there was no coffee delivery service to his hotel room in my summer plans as soon as I saw the “married” status on his FB page last summer. Guys really are dumb sometimes. If entire middle eastern revolutions can be galvanized through the wonder of Facebook, don’t they think women can use the same technology to find out if a guy is married?! The answer is yes! I replied with a quick “No worries…pretty sure my schedule for that weekend keeps me from the cook off stage anyhow”. Yes, he’ll see me flit across the park, but hey, it sucks to lose.

So, as you can tell, there is a spring in my step, a sass in my swagger and a little more attitude than usual. One could chalk it up the Diet Coke & Hot Tamales I had for lunch but really, I think it is the new/old me here to stay.

4 comments:

  1. I love the way the new you is handling the texts. Don't let these jerks get to you. Keep the guys wondering!!! Love and miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are happy and have a spring in your step! I agree with the previous commenter! Have been debating ordering the 50 shades book myself. I have heard a lot of differing opinions on it. Take care!
    TT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! Now, TT, on 50 Shades...it is definitely a page turner...for us moms. Not for the under 18 crowd, in my opinion, but for the rest of us it has a good (actually, very good) story and hey, it never hurts to make your toes curl, right?

    I do like the return of the old me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome blog you got there. Nice work! I really appreciate it. Thanks for posting. God bless. Have a nice day!


    outdoor bean bags

    ReplyDelete