Thursday, December 2, 2010

Phase 2



Who cares if I am just barely 5'2"?  Armed with a step ladder and a whole lot of spunk, I took on the giant tree (it looks much smaller in pictures) and at least came out less of a loser than my first attempt.  Now of course, I am also ignoring the fact 1/2 the lights on one of my old strands decided to stop working about an hour after I plugged them in tonight.  The way I look at it, I live in the country, where maybe 5 people drive by my house each night...so really, are they going to care?!  Who am I kidding, I'll be redoing this again this weekend I am sure.

Quick recap: Target - loving my complete inability to get this right,  the gardener across the street actually applauded my efforts (kind of the way you do a small child who fits the right sized block into the appropriate hole) I came inside wearing most of the leaves that were left on the tree...but, I put up lights.  One of my favorite parts of the Christmas season has now visited my front porch (well, at least a distant cousin of Christmas lights) but I am calling that a win.

2 comments:

  1. I think it looks great! You should be very proud :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I think I may add a few more lights to the bushes and then call it a day! I'm telling you, it will be part of the interview process if I ever meet someone new..."Do you put up Christmas lights? If not, will you pay someone to do it for me?" Either way, I win!

    ReplyDelete