Unfortunately I have gotten very used to having 6 inches of space to sleep on in my very large queen size bed. No, I didn't meet a very large man and forget to tell you...I just share my bed with two very sweet but space hog dogs. Yes, I know they have their own dog beds but I have to tell you, I like feeling them snuggle up against me...it is warm and comforting. Once again, I know this is a step toward crazy town. But, the lack of space is not why I am moving on half speed today. No, that honor is given to two cats I don't even know...because, as we all know, I don't have cats!
We have been experiencing what I can only call the 2nd great 40 days of rain (well, it has been 3 but it feels like 40) so the sound of the trees whipping into my window wasn't anything new last night. However, one must have hit it pretty hard because I bolted straight up....hair sticking out all over the place, dogs jumping up, wondering why their dreams of chasing rabbits had been so rudely interrupted by my inability to lay perfectly still for them. After calming my heart down to a normal rate I also realized I was hearing much more than rain. It sounded as if someone had dropped off 2 very sad children right under my window, crying, moaning...so I then jumped out of bed ready to rescue these poor abandoned souls.
Let's pause to set the visual though as that definitely sets the stage...it is December, and as I was brought up with the thought the thermostat should be set just right above freezing, I had gone to bed in almost 20 year old comfy sweats...sweatpants that are seriously held together by sheer will, a big long sleeved t-shirt and Christmas socks....definitely Victoria's Secret material. I take off down the hallway (in the dark mind you as to not wake up my children) to grab shoes I can wear outside in the monsoon. Thinking my red Mickey Mouse Crocs from Disneyland will do the trick, I throw them on and grab a flashlight. Of course it doesn't work so do the quick battery exchange and I'm ready to save the day.
Fortunately, I have now woken up from my fog and have realized, of course, there aren't defenseless children melting in the rain, but instead two cats deciding that pre-dawn in the pelting storm is the perfect time to mate. And where else would one do that except for in the bushes right outside my window? Once I realized the two phantom orphans were actually cats getting more action than me, I just opened the bathroom window to scare them away. I mean, seriously, it is bad enough I know I am experiencing a very long dry spell, I don't need four legged felines to remind me.
Well, they obviously didn't care about my comfort so for the remainder of the dawn hours, there were the sounds of the X rated cat show coming through my windows. So now, my coffee cup is full, the dogs are now at my feet and I am contemplating what to feed my kids for breakfast. I do hope those cats are having a much more romantic morning.
OMG, HAHAH that's too much! My neighbor's cat's favorite spot to mate is under my bedroom window so I can relate. It sounds like it was hit by a car and dying under my window! LOL Luckily it has had a dry spell so we have not been woken up in the middle of the night in quite a while.
ReplyDelete